Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My wonderful hubby...

If being a good dad has anything to do with how great a husband a man is, John is sure to be the world's best dad! We had a great weekend - I took Friday and Monday off so we could work on house stuff. John deligently worked on the baby room, putting up two coats of primer and two coats of paint to cover the rust red that was on the wall previously. It was so strong smelling and I couldn't stand the smell so he did it all by himself.

This was after he cleaned our basement (which was worse than you can possibly imagine) last week. I came home from work one day and he made me close my eyes and led me in - I didn' t have to step over anything! The laundry was a big task and he worked on it until it was all finished and even got rid of 6 huge lawn size bags of trash! On Saturday he sent me off to get a prenatal massage which was wonderful! Then one night it was really cold in our house - mostly because we had the baby room window open while there were fluries outside because we needed to ventilate. Anyway, our bedroom was cold and we have a temprapedic mattress which we love but it gets a little hard at first if it's cold. So what does he do? He went to bed a few minutes before me but crawled into my side. When I came in the room I asked him what he was doing he said he wanted to warm my side of the bed up since it was so cold in the room. How sweet!
I have the best husband any girl could ever ask for. God has blessed me sooo much with him and now I get to raise a little man that will look up to him and learn from him. I'm soooo excited.






3 comments:

John said...

Although my dog loves me just as well (she warmed my side)!

amy said...

such a sweet post! husbands are the best! :) good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Unknown said...

Awwww!!!!

Lisa