Saturday, June 20, 2009

Last Post Before Baby Farns' Arrival!

So last week my blood pressure continued to increase slowly throughout the week, peeking at 175ish/105ish. So...my doctor wants me to check into the hospital tomorrow evening at 5:00 to be induced. At first I was really scared and bummed about this. It's not so much the induction, but the possibility of a C-section that worries me. I found out yesterday and as the day went on and I slept on it, I have awaken this morning to an excitement about getting to meet our little one!

Here's the plan as I know it... We check in at 5:00 and they start the Cervidil which I get to marinate in overnight (pardon my bluntness!) Then in the morning around 6:00am-ish they will start the Pitocin through IV (yuck!) which will start my contractions and continue throughout the whole labor process. At some point if my water does not break on it's own, the doctor will come in and break it for me. Basically the whole thing is nudging my body into doing what it's supposed to do anyway. But if for some reason it doesn't cooperate... I'm not even going there. John, our Doula, and the doctor are all optimistic that this is the best thing and that everything will go smoothly.

Hopefully we'll have a baby by the afternoon! How weird to know the birthday in advance! Uncle Mike - you'll have to share your birthday now - I hope you don't mind! : )

We are going to update this blog from the hospital so keep checking it and we'll send out another reminder!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was reading through your blog just now and saw the one back on May 26th where you posted people's guesses at the due date. Looks like Katie may be the big winner. You were so close with Father's Day though. :) You got the induction date right. LOL

All will go well. I know its scary (my sister-in-law had pre-ecclampsia with both Jackson and Jonah.) I'm so thankful you've made it so far. :)