Thursday, June 25, 2009

We're home!







We made it home! What an incredible last few days. We are pooped but in a good way. : ) I don't even know where to being. I still can't believe that we are finally parents. I could sit and stare at Aaron for hours on end and never get tired of him. He is the most beautiful, perfect, baby. Words can never express the amount of love that one can instantly have for someone.

Daddy is fitting in well into his new role. He is so cute with Aaron. He takes such good care of him. We have a system right now where after Aaron nurses, John gets to burp him. He has changed him more times that mommy and loves to hold him. They are so cute together. I love seeing Aaron respond to daddy's voice.

I am loving motherhood. I go between walking around with a silly grin on my face all the time to crying in utter awe of the beautiful creation. I love nursing him - there is nothing like that quality mommy time. It so wonderful.

We had little to no sleep the first two nights at the hospital. The first night was fine because we were running on adrenaline but the second night was rough. Last night was our first night at home and it was great. We both slept peacefully in two hour spurts which I thought would be horrible but has worked out just fine. It's so good to be home. It's too bad that time is going to fly by so fast! Aaron is 3 days old today!

We are so thankful for every one's prayers and support. We have an amazing family and group of friends and we sincerely appreciate all the love that we have received.

We are picture taking fools so we'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well welcome home Mom and Dad, the pictures look great, the house looks great! I love the "preggo" pictures on the last post too! They are pretty good! Also, John in the preggo suite, priceless!

If you get a chance, check out my blog. www.confessionsofasinglelt.wordpress.com

Love
Brian

Jennifer Johnson said...

Ohhh how I am sooo excited for you! Thank you so much for posting the pictures! He is sooo beautiful (handsome) and so precious! We love you guys!