Monday, December 8, 2008

11 weeks and four different types of antacids


This marks the 11th week for the baby and the growth rate is amazing! Here's a little post from the weekly message that Kristin and I get from babycenter.com:


"Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccuping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming."




Kristin is doing well but has been feeling pretty sick lately. It seems like all those nausea free weeks have finally caught up with her. She has nasty heartburn as you have most likely already read but also some interesting cravings! Obviously the Rolox (mylanta) stuff I had wasn't working so we took a little trip to Walgreens to remedy the problem. I ended up buying three different types of antacid for her to try. The teenage clerk looked at me really funny until I told him I had a sick preggo in the car...I don't think he got it.


We settled on 'cool mint' as she said they tasted like candy. [Although, I'm sure they'll be disgusting next week! :)]

3 comments:

Matthew said...

I've never had a fig but it looks friggin huge. Does Kristin ever feel like she’s got an alien inside of her waiting for the right moment to burst forth from the black depths and rule you? I guess probably not.

Kristin said...

Well not that extent...but it is really weird to know that I have another life growing inside me! I still can't feel anything moving yet though so I'll keep you posted when it gets to that point. It makes me want to watch Alien again...

Grandad said...

I love your blog site and I'm so excited that you're sharing this exciting event with us. It is so cool. I'm so happy to be a Granddad. This beautiful child will be so spoiled by all his/her grandparents. Wow! Grandma is just nuts with excitement, everyone she sees is told about it. Were are soooo thrilled. It you need something, just ask. We want to help in any way. We love you so much.