Wednesday, December 3, 2008

How John found out

So funny enough as it is we didnt find out that Kristin was pregnant untill well into the fourth week. Kristin and I have been planing this for years. We always said that we wanted to finish school first and thats pretty much exactly what will happen (for Kristin anyway). She will be finished with her BA in business from Mid America in May and walk across the stage 8 months pregnant!

So we were trying for about a week and a half and I had been working nights durring some of that time. On the Oct. 26th I went to work and before Kristin went to bed that night she took a test and it showed a very faint line. She was excited but nervous and actually googled to see if a faint line still meant positive. It did. So what happened is I came home from work that next morning and layed down for an hour then got up again and went to class. Kristin, in the mean time, called in sick at work and then went to the store and baught an "I love daddy" bib. She took it and the test and placed them under my pillow hopeing that when I got home I would go straight to bed and notice them.

On a side note I always told her that when she found out that she would have to tell me in her own special quickly because I would be able to tell just by looking at her.

So I came home from class walked in the door and saw her and asked "whats wrong with you?' It was really funny she was just kind of standing there with a silly look on her face and asking if I was going to go to bed...I knew. I asked "are you pregnant?" She tried to lie but it didnt work so eventually she just ran back into the bedroom and pulled out the bib and test herself! Thats how I found out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWWW, I am all teary eyed!!! You two are such a special couple, I wish you all the happiness in the world!! Thank You for putting up this website for those of us that are so far away and can't share the stories with you face to face!!

Lisa :o)