Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thies Family Finds Out


On Thanksgiving we got to tell my (Kristin's) family. We had relatives in from TX and OK so it was a full house. In total it was my mom, dad, Chelsee, Katie, Jay, Grandma, Grammy, Uncle Mackey, Aunt Sandy, Alee, Matthew, Daisy, Uncle Terry, Aunt Cindy, Justin and Astrid – that’s 18 people including John and I! We took turns taking pictures of each family, you know, one at a time, then all the cousins, then grandma with the grandkids... I made our family go last. It was a priceless moment and was perfect. John set it up the same way he did at the Farnsworth’s. He said, "Let's take one more. This picture is very special to us. We have waited 9 weeks to be able to take it." Then I blurted, "I'm pregnant" just before the picture snapped. I don't think everyone grasped it right away because some of them posed like normal! My dad had glanced at me just before I said it and I think he knew! He doesn't look surprised in the picture, but he got very teary eyed and wouldn't stop hugging me! My mom's is the best face though!


I was so anxious to tell everyone! We waited a whole month! That was soooo hard but well worth it!




No comments: